Jaws After Dark
Are you brave enough to grab a tube and hop in the Mullica River to watch this 1975 classic?
WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?
A Dive-In Movie
What’s scarier than watching Jaws? Watching Jaws from an inner tube at night in the misty waters of the Mullica River! What lurks below? Who knows and we hope you won’t find out! Not a swimmer? Not a problem, you can also watch from land!
Where’s My Ticket?
Tickets are $5. You may purchase your ticket online today or in person at the Riverdeck starting June 14th. Tickets will also be sold at the door on the day of the event.
This is a an all-age event; however, all children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. In addition, you must be 21+ to enter the water.
When and Where?
At Sweetwater Riverdeck, we celebrate the 4th of July all week long! We are located at 2780 7th Avenue, Sweetwater, 08037.
Jaws After Dark will take place on Wednesday, July 3rd. We’ll open at 4pm and showtime will be shortly after dark.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
Each year we have this event we learn a little more about what works and what doesn’t! This year we have made many improvements to the plan and we are ready for an awesome night, but in order to make it the best it can be, we urge you to read the tips and tricks we have prepared below!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the ticket situation? There was some confusion on how to get a ticket last year.
- We totally agree! You live and you learn and we appreciate you sticking with us! This year tickets are easy to get. They are $5 each and can be purchased online today or at the Riverdeck starting June 14th. Tickets will also be sold at the door on the day of the event.
- Can I bring my kids?
- Yes! Bring the family, but you’re in charge of them! This is a an all-age event. Please be aware that all children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. In addition, you must be 21+ to enter the water. IDs will be checked at the door.
- How does the water situation work? Do I need a special ticket?
- Nope! We are just selling General Admission tickets this year. Please be advised that safety is our number one policy so water space will be limited. Water space will be on a first come, first serve basis on the day of the event.
- What kind of tube should I plan to bring?
- Only one-person tubes will be permitted in the water this year. Novelty tubes, kayaks, canoes and multi-person tubes/rafts are prohibited.We love those gigantic duck and swan tubes, BUT last year many people had trouble seeing over these types of tubes and it also limited our lifeguard’s view of the water. Safety first!
- Will you have an air compressor on site for me to blow up my tube with?
- Yes, we will have an air compressor station where you can blow up your tube. If you are able to blow your tube up at home, please do so. This will help us cut down on lines.
- Can I bring a lawn chair to watch the movie from?
- If you plan to watch from land, we will have plenty of seating available. Lawn chairs are prohibited.
- Can I bring my own cooler full of snacks and drinks for the movie? I sneak in snacks at the theater!
- No need! We’ll have plenty of foods and drinks available at The Riverdeck. Our bar will be fully stocked and ready for your business. We also will have a sick Deep Eddy’s Vodka trailer on site for some extra pizzazz! While we will have a limited menu for the night (as opposed to the Riverdeck’s full menu,) there will still be plenty of great options. Hot dogs, burgers, nachos, popcorn, etc. Outside food and personal coolers are prohibited. Any confiscated liquor will be graciously put aside for our end of the summer staff party!
- Is this rain or shine?
- You bet! A little rain won’t stop our party; however, if the weather becomes dangerous, we may have to make a change in plans. No refunds will be given.
WANT TO STAY IN THE LOOP?
Join Our Facebook Event Page
Joining our event page is the perfect way to stay in the loop about this awesome event! People ask questions on the page, we answer them. What’s not to love! Click the link below.
Jaws After Dark 2020
Don't Miss Out
News & Events
There's always something going on at the Riverdeck. While we try to keep our website updated, please keep an eye on our Facebook account for even more updates!
Website Under Construction We know, we know! This isn't the construction you care about! You want to hear about the new buildings going up at 2780 7th Avenue! We can't blame you, but we wanted to put this message up here just in case you stumbled across our website...
Great Things Are Happening at Sweetwater The new year has brought us a new building! We are making progress on construction over here. The blue building in the video will serve as our restaurant/bar area. . Unlike the white tent that we all had grown to love, the blue...
Hours of Operation
MON – FRI
Closed for the Season
Closed for the Season
Closed for the Season
Drop Us a Line
Don't be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!